31 Days of Gratitude: Family


We can bring out the best
and we can bring out the worst
in each other. 
Sometimes all within the same day.


Family.

It is our first and forever laboratory for learning:
about yourself,
about another human being,
about relationships and dynamics.


Whether you find love and support and encouragement...
Whether you find pain and anger and dysfunction...
Whether you find humor and grace and forgiveness... 

You will find yourself meeting the human condition,
Face to face. Intimately.


And your task, should you accept it,
Is to seek the deepest authentic expression of yourself
And to listen and look for the same in the other,
as our lives unfold in this time and space
that we share.

...

I am grateful for Family, both by birth and those who are chosen members.

I am thankful for the love, and also for the full range of human emotions that I have experienced, in my family.

I grateful for the experiences, the memories, and our unique family saga. 

I am grateful for the opportunity to grow because of these relationships.




How deeply might your life be enriched  
after practicing 31 Days of Gratitude?  





3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great series! I am doing a Family Challenge link up next month about giving back. This would be a great one for that. Thanks for sharing. Hope to see you at True Aim.

Holly said...

This is a cool series! I might have to go and read more of it now!
Dropping by from the Live Laugh Rowe blog hop. :)

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

5 sisters..1 brother...I have a lot of family to appreciate! Thanks again for the beautiful reminder!