Raised Garden Bed with a Roof

Yes, that's right...
a roof for the garden!

PVC Pipe and chicken wire make a roof for a raised garden bed. | Details at I Gotta Create!


We've just started gardening again
in the past couple of years
and I look forward to the season
with these two additional awesome options:

A Raised Bed
A Roof for the Garden!

There are two important reasons for our roof:
to keep the deer from chomping up our crops
and to extend the growing season.

Let me show you what I mean...

My husband made the super duper raised bed
you see above to make 
green beans harvesting a little less back-breaking.


We had a normal raised bed for vegetables like potatoes and tomatoes.  And we had to put a fence around it to keep the deer at bay.

PVC Pipe and chicken wire make a roof for a raised garden bed. | Details at I Gotta Create!

He had to come up with a deer-repelling solution
for the super high raised bed. 
So he made a roof!
PVC pipe and chicken wire
created the perfect, lightweight solution.

But an added awesome bonus is that
we can simply add plastic
to make a "greenhouse" roof that
extends the growing season!

PVC Pipe and chicken wire make a roof for a raised garden bed. | Details at I Gotta Create!

He's a genius!

What are you planting in your garden this year?



No comments: